Friday, September 13, 2013

So it Begins...

Hey guys! Whew the first few weeks of Grad school have been interesting. Between the classes and all the readings it has been a little hectic but a lot of fun. I moved to Philly a few days before Orientation and I still have not gotten everything down pact. For this first post I am just going to give a few tips that I think are really important and that I use everyday:

  • If you drive to school add an extra 10-15 minutes to the time you leave to account for parking.
  • When you do find street parking make sure you pay a little extra for time. You never know when you might have to talk to a professor after class or end up walking a little slower that day.
  • Talk to your professors and advisors. If you are having an issue with a class or even getting the books just talk to them. They will help you out and sometimes even email you the articles for the upcoming class.
  • Bring snacks to each class. This has to be my favorite one. I LOVE food! Since the majority of my classes are in the evening I try to bring snacks and at least 2 things to drink to each of them.
  • Find a friend. Have at least one person in each class that you can turn to and say HELP lol or to talk to about the assignments.
  • Explore Philly when you get a chance. There is tons of things to do. I am still exploring and finding new places to eat and hang out. 
  • Do not stress and enjoy! I was so worried about starting a new school in a new city that I began stressing out a little bit. But after the first week I realized that I could do this and to just relax and enjoy my time here. 
So those are just a few tips from me to you that I hope will help. Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment