Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Is Soon Approaching...

Thanksgiving is right around the corner guys! With the anticipation of turkey, family, and football in the air I just wanted to take a moment out to spread the importance of being thankful this year. The last few months for me has not been the easiest and it made me think about what and who I am really thankful for this year. Sure I am excited about all the food I get to consume and be surrounded by but I am more excited about spending time with some close friends and my family. Now I am the first one to involve food in pretty much everything in life lol. I am a self proclaimed foodie so A LOT of tomorrow will be centered around what I am cooking and what I can eat lol but it is not the most important thing to me this year. I will be going to my high school's annual turkey day football game and be cheering on kids who I do not even know while having a mini h.s reunion in the bleachers. Some of the most important people I am thankful for this year are my older sister and a few very close friends. I feel as though it is important to let them know this while eating ourselves into a frenzy. To me the written word is one of the most if not the most beautiful things that people fail to do. In the age of text messaging, twitter, skype, email, and facetime many forget how touching a personal hand written note can actually be. This year I am going to be sending the most important people letters along with some flowers telling them how thankful I am for them this year in my life and what they have done for me. I have had some really good people around me so far this year and I do not want to wait for Christmas to acknowledge them for all they have done so on Thanksgiving Day I will let everyone who I am thankful for and I encourage you all to do the same. Don't just eat and be merry give thanks to the people that mean the most to you :)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment