Friday, November 8, 2013

Oh The Weather Outside...

It has been starting to get extremely cold outside and although I LOVE snow I hate being cold. I am originally from New Jersey but I spent the past 4 in a half years in the south. Winter was not a real season down there. It never really got below 65 and if it did it never stayed that cold very long. Even when it did snow it would melt within a few hours. Being back up north where there are REAL winters  hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought I had a little more time before this cold front hit. I was very wrong lol. I found myself scrambling to prepare for this drop in the temperature while not blowing my budget on things. There are some essential things that I feel everyone needs in order to survive the change.


  1. A Coat! This may sound like the most simplest thing to get but my coat and jackets are by no means warm enough to keep me nice and toasty. A thick and long coat is sooo important to have. Along with a nice pair of gloves, a hat, and a warm scarf.
  2. New Tires. If you have a car it is important to get good maintenance on it. Tires for the snow and rain, a new oil change and new windshield wipers. I am in serious need of a pair of those. 
  3. Thermal! Many people do not know what these are but they are like insulated under armer. There is pants and long sleeve tops that help to keep you warm when you layer them under any clothes. 
  4. Sweaters, Sweaters, and more Sweaters. I did not have many sweaters anymore and none that were warm enough. It is also important to have good thick sweaters that are also soft and comfy.  
  5. Hot Chocolate & Tea! I am in love with there two drinks and I made sure to stock up on them to keep me nice and toasty throughout the day and at night. My favorite tea is Jasmine Green Tea with Citrus. It is soooo good and does not need a lot of sugar to make it taste good.
  6. Boots. It rains a lot out here and a good pair of rain boots are key. Also a good pair of snow boots and regular walking boots are also good. They keep you warm, dry, and have good traction.
  7. Heated Mattress Pad!!!! This has to be one of the most important things that I feel everyone needs to get. Along with a nice comforter a heated mattress pad is really important and it also saves money. It goes on top of your mattress and under all the sheets. There is a small adapter and a plug that goes into the wall. The one I got was about $25 bucks and it has a controller attached to it as well. After 10 hours of being on it automatically shuts off so you won't burn yourself. The controller goes up to 9 and it is the best thing. I have not had to turn on my heat once because of this. Not only does it heat the bed, pillows, and sheets since I keep it all the way on high it heats my room too! 
So there are my essentials things that I feel everyone needs to get through this fall and winter. I still need to get a few more sweaters but I am getting there. Hope these all help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment